Anderson & Chhabra Eyecare Center
is commited to helping patients easily access a wide selection of essential eye condition resources.
Please click any of the following links to receive more information on your eye condition.
What is an Optometrist?
An optometrist is defined as a Doctor of optometry, specializing in the treatment of eyes. He is professionally trained and licensed to examine and treat the eyes for visual defects and medical eye health problems. He may prescribe medicines, corrective lenses, contact lenses or provide other types of treatment to better a patients vision or eye health.What is the process for requesting medical records?
Medical records are required for many things such as surgery and can sometimes be hard to get. Thankfully, with the technology today, we can now provide you with a copy of your medical records online. If you would like to request these your medical records, please download and complete our medical request form
and fax your request to (813) 961-4105. If you cannot access your medical records for any reason or have any questions regarding your medical records, feel free to contact our office at (813) 961-2020.How do I make an appointment with Anderson & Chhabra EyeCare Center?
To make an appointment with Anderson & Chhabra EyeCare Center please call us at (813) 961-2020.What happens if I miss my appointment?
Most of the time, when patients miss an appointment, it is simply because they forgot. It is for this reason that we do not associate any charges or fees with your missed appointment upon your next visit. To help prevent patients from forgetting their scheduled appointments, we have developed a program where we can send you notifications via email and text message before your appointment. If you would like to request these services for your next appointment with Anderson & Chhabra EyeCare Center, please be sure to let us know when you request an appointment with one of our staff.
What types of insurance do you accept?
We here at Anderson EyeCare Center participate in the following insurance plans:Vision Plans:
- Comp Benefit (Humana or VCP) (Dr. Chhabra and Dr. Malone only)
- Vision Benefits of America (VBA)
- Superior Vision (SV) (Dr. Chhabra and Dr. Malone only)
- VSP Signature Plan ( 20% off everything)
- Eyemed Discount
- Evolutions (20% off routine exam only)
- Aetna Vision
- Coast to Coast (20% off exam only, patient must have a card)
- Principal (20% off exam only)
- MetLife Vision (VSP)
- Aetna PPO & HMO ( HMOs require referrals, patient must bring referrals at time of visit)
- Florida Blue PPO & HMO (HMO may require referral)
- Cigna PPO & GreatWest (Do not accept Baycare GreatWest)
- Beechstreet (we do not accept all plans)
- United Health Care
- VA (consult is needed before appointment)
- Division of Blind Services (referral is needed before appointment)
- USF Athletics (must be referred by USF and must bring referral form)
- Aetna Medicare
- Secure Horizons
- Medicare Complete
- Freedom Blue
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan
- Blue Medicare